Contains an affiliate link
A couple months ago I was in the market for a new LED lamp, and thought I’d share with you some information about the one that I decided to purchase. Also be sure to check out the unboxing video on the Smoke & Mirrors YouTube channel to see what you’d get if you were to purchase this item.
Several years ago (I think maybe in 2014) I moved away from generally using UV lamps to cure gel polish and towards LED lamps. The LED lamps cure gels more quickly, which is a benefit at home or the salon. A friend recommended a MelodySusie lamp, so I decided to give it a try. Fast forward about 4 years and MANY manis, pedis and swatches later, and the buttons on that lamp finally gave up the ghost. It was time for a new lamp, and I’d had such a good experience with the first that I purchased a second one.
Here’s why I love it:
- Easy to set up and use. Watch the video to see just how easy it is!
- Not too many frills – just pick your time setting.
- Wide opening fits one hand or foot.
- Lightweight and travels easily.
- Mirrored interior for an even cure. If you’ve had lamps without this in the past, you know how important this feature is!
- Excellent ROI – Since it lasted me so long, I spent about $8/year to have this lamp.
- Compatible with any type of LED-cure nail product I’ve tried so far!
Other things you need to know:
- This isn’t rated for heavy salon use. If you’re curing gels A LOT, it’s worth it to invest in the Gelish 18G lamp or similar.
- The cord is 3 feet long, so be aware when planning your space to do nails.
- There is also a 36W UV lamp and a 48W LED lamp available by MelodySusie.